- The School for the blind was established on International disabled day during 2002.
- There are 43 girls and 77 boys are reading from Pre-Class to Class-X from various districts of Odisha .
- There are 15 nos students Successfully passed in Matriculation examination -2019. Among them 1 Nos in B2 Grade , 10 nos are in C Grade and 4 Nos are in D Grade in the year 2019 . Till now 135 students have passed successfully and also persuing in Higher studies in different college & university of Odisha , Among 5 Nos have already working as a Teacher under School & Mass Education Deptt , Govt Of Odisha .
- Besides the Principal there are 16 Nos teachers imparting education along with one PET, One dance teacher, One Orientation and Mobility teacher and two music and two craft teacher taught to the blind students. There are 10 Non-teaching staff are engaged for looking after and take care of blind students in the hostel and also two office assistance are engaged. Among the 16 teaching staff there are 3 Nos blind and 1 O.H teachers are working .
- The students of the school are participated in the inter district school drama competition, state level song competition and Dance competition and also in State level Blind cricket tournament .
- In the tournament of Blind association of Cricket , Sri Singhrai Majhi and Sri Ram Murmu was selected for National Team of Blind cricket team ,which was proud not only our school but also entire the district of Balasore and for this achievement , The district Administration was awarded to Sri Singharai Majhi on independence Day .